1. What are the curriculum subjects in economics in your year of study.
2. Is there anything else you would expect to study and how do you expect to study/experiment it?
Now read the text about The new economics curriculum and the article entitled Teaching that matters in economics and compare how are the two curricula different.
3. What are some key skills you think you should develop while in university?
4. What are some important economic issues brought about by the economic crisis in our area?
5. How do you understand the quotation in the article: “A professor mentioned that economics would give me a way to describe and predict human behaviour through mathematical tools, which seemed fantastic to me. Now, after many semesters, I have the mathematical tools; but all the people I wanted to study have disappeared from the scene.”